Clover is now Two!

Clover is now Two!

Friday, December 24, 2010

A rough 2 weeks.

Clover's daycare had an outbreak of a stomach virus and she got it.  The poor thing was sick for almost a week.  She got sick on a Tuesday night and I stayed home with her the rest of the week. My mom came over Wednesday night to help me give her a bath and put her to bed while I got some rest.  I had gotten sick too, but with different symptoms.  This caused a chain reaction, and my mom got sick too.  It was bad timing, because she had surgery scheduled the next week and needed to get a lot done before Christmas and be in good condition for her surgery. 

Throw up is gross, nasty stuff.  I'd say its worse than cleaning up poop (like in my last post).  It just kind of lingers in the air after you clean it.  Icky.  But when it comes, you have to react fast.  Clover didn't know what was happening.  I took her straight to the sink in the bathroom and she was looking like "what the heck?" and didn't get too upset about it. 

Clover and I had a lot of good times together although she was sick.  She usually doesn't want to snuggle with me (she saves it for daddy).  We snuggled up on the couch together and watched all kinds of kids shows on TV.  "Little Bill" is my favorite.  I watched a bit of the Mickey Mouse Club.  It was horrible.  I remember loving to watch the old episodes when I was a kid.  Now it is computer generated and I was shocked when I heard Goofy say, "Whats up?....CHICKEN BUTT".  I remember getting in trouble for saying that when I was a kid.  I guess having your first kid at 40 creates a huge generation gap (more like 2 generations).  I have friends my age that have grand kids older than Clover.

Clover was back at school by Monday and was eating very bland foods.  I was so glad to get out of the house and go back to work.  My mom had her operation on Tuesday and we went to see her on Wednesday night.  Clover was confused and upset when she saw grandma in the hospital bed, but then calmed down when she saw that grandma was okay. 

After being home with her for almost a week straight, Clover has been talking and signing more.  Today I was talking to her care provider at day care and I said the word "crying".  Clover made the sign for crying and then said, "crying".  She also said, "bite" when I was eating my dinner and she wanted a bite.  I asked her if she was hungry and she said, "hungry" and made the sign.

So, needless to say I haven't posted any pictures in the last few posts.  It has been mostly puke, poop and boogies around here.  I'm looking forward to our next post.  We are excited about Christmas.  Clover has her own tree in her room and she loves both trees.  She will point and say, "tree".    We are hoping we can find the real Santa before he leaves to deliver presents.  We have not been able to get her out to see him due to her being sick or weather, so hopefully things will work out today.  Johnny is bringing "The Night Before Christmas" to read to her before she goes to bed tonight and we will put out cookies and milk.  We are spending Christmas day at my parents house and then Sunday Clover will get to see all of her Wheatleys. 

Merry Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment