Clover is now Two!

Clover is now Two!

Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Catching Up before the New Year!

Much has happened over the last 6 months.  I've been busy with work and starting my own  coffee business.  I will catch everyone up by starting with Clover's birthday in September.  She turned two!  She loved having her own birthday party and loved that her family was there with us to celebrate.  She had a Dr Seuss theme and instead of a cake, I made cupcakes. 








We took her actual birthday off of work and took Clover to the Early Works Museum.  She was excited to meet the Talking Tree for story time.  When we finally got to meet him, she was scared, but didnt want to leave.  After Clover's birthday in September, I had my 42nd birthday the next week.  She wanted it to be her birthday again.  I just wanted to sleep. 

So, in October we started telling Clover about Halloween.  We wanted her to understand what it was all about and we found books and videos to show her.  I did not want to push it on her, so I asked her if she was interested in going trick or treating.  She quickly nodded her head and told me yes.  Racking my brain about which costume to get, I asked her what she wanted to be for Halloween.  I thought she would say a cow or a duck..maybe Dora.  She told me she wanted to be the Talking Tree.  I thought about it for a second and was so relieved she picked out something so orginal.  I got to work on her costume and had it done just in time to go trunk or treating.


The funniest thing that happened was when Clover went up to the first car and said, "Trick or Treat".  A woman placed a few pieces of candy in her jack-o-lantern and Clover looked down in it and then looked up at the lady and said, "Thanks, lady!".

About a week after Halloween, Clover and I went down to Sanibel Island. My parents also went and they took their car separate from us.  We traveled together and stopped at a hotel for the night somewhere in Florida.  Clover loved being in a hotel and she loved that Grandma and Grandpa was there too.  She kept asking me to leave our room so we could go see them in their room.  We left the next morning and continued on to our destination.  When we got to the condo, Clover loved the freedom she had to run around.  It was not childproofed by any means, but she had lots of space to run inside and a lanai to sit or play and just look out onto the beach.  We were gone for a week and she was so happy the whole trip. 











I made these pants for Clover, but didnt have time to do a top.




When we were driving out of Sanibel, Clover looked out the window and said, "NO!".  I asked her what was wrong.  She told me she wanted to stay at the beach.  I told her that I did too. 



After we got back, it was time to celebrate daddy's birthday.  Clover still wanted it to be her birthday, but she was happy it was his birthday.  

As Christmas neared, we did the same as we did with Halloween.  We read Christmas books and watched lots of shows about Christmas...and Santa Claus.  She loves the book "A Night Before Christmas" and can recite many of the lines.  She went to see Santa at the mall and was thrilled.  She didnt know for sure what to say to him, so she just started spouting out random words, "Santa, chimney, cookies, reindeer, presents!".   She enjoyed finding her presents on Christmas morning and she loved spending time with all of the Wheatley's and King's.  She loves her family very much.







So what will the new year bring for little Autumn Clover?  In April, she will have a little sister!







No comments:

Post a Comment