Clover is now Two!

Clover is now Two!

Saturday, December 5, 2009

2 month check up


Clover was 10 weeks old this week. She had her 2 month doctor's appt yesterday and weighed 10.5 lbs. She has really gained a lot since we brought her home. I remember being worried that she would never gain the weight back that she initally lost when she came home. She was born at 7lbs 10oz and her first visit to the pediatrician's office she weighed 6lbs 4oz. She was given her 2 mo vaccines and it killed me to see her get her shots. I remembered when I was little, going with my older brother, Sean, to get vaccines for school. I never cried when I got my shots, but I cried when he got his. He would say, "why are YOU crying, I'm the one getting the shot!". I would say, "because I love you!"...anyway, she had her shots, and then came the fever that followed. The first time she has been sick. She slept really good last night and I had to wake her up to feed her this morning. After feeding her I put her back to bed, which normally she continues to sleep with me after her early morning feeding, but she had no problem falling right back to sleep. She is such an angel.

Yesterday, we got a video of Clover's first good grasp at her rattle and she concentrated really hard to shake it up and down. We are so happy with her progress. Hopefully, we will post the video sometime.

We had a nice Thanksgiving with her father's family last week in Montgomery. She got to meet almost all of her family and enjoyed all the extra special attention from everyone. She was wired from all of the stimulation. I was warn out from the drive. I miss her MeMe's pumpkin pie. I put up our Christmas tree on Black Friday and she loved looking at the lights. Her grandma King got her a sweet Lenox Pooh "Baby's First Christmas Ornament" that is now hanging on the tree.

Since I haven't been blogging until recently, I will be posting older pics as I have time. Here is a link to a video of her a few days after we brought her home http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f3OjHVKY7EA

No comments:

Post a Comment