Clover is now Two!

Clover is now Two!

Monday, April 26, 2010

Crawling!

Over the weekend, Clover crawled for the first time.  She is still on her belly, but she is moving her arms in front of her.  It looked like she was swimming on the carpet.  The first time she did it, she moved really fast to get something she wanted.  Grandma and Grandpa King stopped by for a visit on Sunday and she crawled for them too. 

I tried my hand at making homemade baby food.  I got some organic butternut squash, organic bananas and some organic apple juice.  I baked the squash in a pan with a little water in the bottom for 1.5 hours at 350 degrees.  I peeled and mashed the squash and then put it in 4oz jars.  When it was time for dinner, I took a jar and put the squash in a bowl and about a third of a banana and mixed in some apple juice to make the consistency a little runny.  At first, she didn't like it.  She has liked everything we have given her so far.  I think the consistency was too still a little too chunky.  She made the funniest face when she tried it.  She really made us laugh.  Johnny got some great video of it and if we put in online, I will post a link later.  She did like it when she get bites with thinner consistency and she never refused to eat it.  Today, I will use a food processor instead of mashing by hand to make sure it has an even consistency.  Johnny also got another book from the library called 'Top 100 Baby Purees' from British author Annabel Karmel.  There are many recipes that I want to try out. Many look like meals I could prepare for us and make extra to puree for Clover to have for the week.  I love meal time with Clover.  It is so much fun feeding her and she is so happy.

This week, I will be going back to work temporarily.  I am not looking forward to being away from Clover all day.  Luckily, her Grandma King will be taking good care of her and Clover will love that.

No comments:

Post a Comment